LEARNING AT ISA
Learning based on practice and understanding
At INTERNATIONAL SCHOOOL ANDALUCÍA we believe in the transformative power of education. We are a British school, offering our students a holistic education and bilingual development as our language of communication is English. We work together with an attitude and a growth mindset based on our values: personal best, responsibility, empathy, honesty, creativity and teamwork.
For us, each student should be valued as an individual and we are proud to be part of each student’s journey. We are committed to preparing them to go out into the world with positivity, purpose and confidence, along with all the academic, social and problem-solving skills necessary for future success.
Our learning methodology is different from what you may experience in the Spanish education system. The learning approach focuses on the student as a learner and seeks to develop critical judgement and a passion for learning, through active strategies and a motivating dynamic that promotes student independence.
Learning has no limits
The use of stimulating environments and resources inside and outside the classroom is encouraged and students develop their learning through understanding, as they are actively involved in research, problem formulation and solution finding. They are encouraged to apply, evaluate and create with the knowledge they acquire in a way that builds on their strengths and gives them the tools they need for academic and personal success.
Teachers base their classes on a combination of methods and approaches to meet the different needs of the students and the different objectives of the classes and courses.
Teamwork and learning opportunities are planned for students to work together and collaborate, which in turn develops the good relationships and community spirit and values that are so important to human beings.
We provide a holistic education that works in the following areas:
Personal and physical development
We strive to:
- Stimulate your child´s ethical awareness, intellectual curiosity, creativity and desire to participate
- Encourage our students to be sociable citizens, honouring their obligations, the rules and the environment they find themselves in, whilst showing respect for the rights of others
- Encourage our students to be actively concerned for others, social issues, the environment and to fight against discrimination.
- Offer our students care and supervision whilst being in regular contact with their families or legal guardians
- Instill the correct use of language among our students
- Teach our students positive hygiene, eating and health habits, whilst teaching them how to cope with the challenges of the modern world.
- Our students are taught in a way that develops their capacity for work, research skills, verbal reasoning, debate, expression, communication, planning, decision making and action driven responses, to help prepare them to fully engage with society.
- We provide our students with a multi-lingual and multi-cultural education that includes lessons in English, Spanish, French and German.
- We offer a fully integrated Life Skills Programme throughout the school from Year 1 to Year 13. Pupils are taught the importance of acceptance, teamwork and sharing whilst learning to recognise their personal traits and the impact they may have on others.
- The Year 6 Buddy, Secondary Prefect systems and Student Council Representatives are designed to give children further responsibility and school wide recognition for their kindness and maturity in taking on important social roles in the school.
- Contributing to society with topical research and participation in events and activities, supports our students´ social development.